If your residence is in a country that maintains a dual tax agreement with the UK (check for current Dual Taxation Agreements in place with the UK here: UK DTAs 2023), which provides exemption from UK Income Tax, you can you can use the ‘Form DT Individual’ to apply for tax relief at source (which will mean that your pension is paid gross with no income tax deducted by your pension provider) and also use the form to claim a repayment of UK Income Tax.

Check for the latest forms made available at the gov.uk website. Forms can be downloaded below (uploaded as at June 2023).

Form for Double Taxation Treaty Relief on UK Pensions: DT-Individual

Specific forms for:









About AES Adviser

AES Adviser advises expatriate clients worldwide on all financial planning matters including wealth management, estate planning, offshore bank accounts, savings and investment, insurance, multi-generational wealth transfer and generating income, from wealth accumulated, to support retirement.